Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Amazing Abs In Only 6-Weeks


So the plan was to buy a Men' Health Magazine, follow all of the work out routines in said magazine and reap the glory of a beautifully sculpted body in just 6-weeks.

Unfortunately the collected genius of the number 1 men's fitness magazine in America has failed me.
The problem is, all these exercises require equipment that I don't have, can't afford and can't store at this time.

I was hoping to find some routines that involved things like hand weights and my own body. What I found instead was a need for barbells, weight benches and pull up bars... and a lot of manliness. As Phoebe of Friends fame would have said "Men's Health is seriously testosteroney."


By no means am I abandoning my plan to sculpt and tone my way to blond Adonis status, I am simply putting it on hold pending further research. I know next to nothing about putting together a proper workout and since I can't afford a personal trainer at this time I am going to fall back to the next best thing... my dad.


I'm hoping my father can help me put together a work out plan to get me started. This is the first my Dad is hearing about this, since I forgot to ask him at the game last night. I suppose I had better ask him properly.

Dad, will you help me put together a workout? I know this isn't the first time I have asked, but I promise I won't abandon this one after 2 weeks.

I am also planing to hit the library. Girls think big brains are sexy too, right? The goal will be to do some more research into exercise and try to tailor my new plan to be a perfect fit for me.

As a sign of my commitment I will do some push ups tonight. I'll let you know how many tomorrow.

Tony
7/24: 257.2 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
37.2 lbs. to go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am more than happy to help. There are lots of things you can do to start that do not require a lot of equipment. I also have a medience ball you can use because I can not use it until I get my shoulder fixed. I will give this all some thought.
You want to start slow so you do not get so sore that you quit. It will only take a couple of months till you notice a difference. Not a 6 pack but a difference.
Dad