Wednesday, July 25, 2007

12 x 12 = 24

As promised, I put down Harry Potter for 10 minutes last night and did my push-ups.

I managed 12 push-ups before my arms gave out. And these were real push-ups, not the kind the girls got to do in junior high gym class.

I was really suprsied that 12 was all I could do. I figured I'd be able to do at least 20. Turns out push-ups are hard. I did manage to do a second set of 12, but it was really pushing it to get that twelfth one in. We'll see how I progress as I start my training.

As I type, my Dad is filling my in-box with workout info. Thanks Dad!

Tony
7/25: 257.2 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
37.2 lbs. to go

4 comments:

Em said...

Push-ups are hard!! I tend to end up doing them like the junior high gym class girl.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog, Tony! and keep it up! You are doing great!

Anonymous said...

Push ups are a great exerise that you can do anywhere. Don't do so many that you hurt yoourself. Build up to the numbers slowly. A guy I work with told me yesterday that used to do 33 at a time. He just finished treated for cancer and decided to get back to doing push ups. He couldn't do even 1. He has since built up to 8. I used to do push ups every day. Because of my shoulder I have not done any in over 3 years. It will be interesting to see how many I can do next spring after I recover from my surgery.
Dad

Tony said...

By that point I should be up to 14 or 15 push ups. We will have to have a push up competition.

apt said...

You could also do fly lifts of the HP book. This way you don't have to stop reading and your arms get a little workout!
89 pages to go...