Friday, June 22, 2007

The Weigh In - Week 2

Drum Roll Please ............


269 lbs. even. That's what the scale said this morning.

I lost 3.2 pounds.

Which means this weeks winner is Teresa. Congratulations Teresa. For your Nostradamus like talents at weight prognostication you win a package of Flat Out Pita bread. Now you can make your very own Flat Out Pizzas. Your prize will be delivered sometime this weekend. Thank you to my lovely wife for suggesting this weeks prize...and for ordering it!



Don't forget to come back next week for another exciting round of Guess How Much I Weigh!


A few people have asked lately what my goal weight is.. According to the charts, my healthy weight is right around 180 lbs. That's a pretty daunting number when you are starting at 280. So I have set my self an intermediary goal.

I am trying to lose 60 lbs. by my 34th birthday, which is 342 days away. Losing 60 lbs. will put me at 220 lbs. Still moderately overweight, but a good halfway point.

Hopefully I will overachieve, but given my track record I would rather have a realistic goal for now, then fail miserably and go off the rails again.

To get down to 220 lbs. by next May I will need to lose a minimum of 1 lbs. per week from here on out.

A very realistic goal, as long as I can stick to my guns .

I don't really know what that saying means, but it seemed appropriate.

Tony
6/22: 269 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
49 lbs. to go

10 comments:

ElleTeeJay said...

Yee-haw! Congratulations, sweetie! I think it's already starting to show. Your shirts are really beginning to fit you differently.

We have to remember to take some measurements this weekend! That's just as much fun as tracking with the scale.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tony! I am very happy to hear that you are still going strong. Keep up the good work and I know that you will meet and beat your goal by May.

Anonymous said...

One more comment. I think that you should start adding some pictures of yourself as you move along in your journey so that people that do not see you all of the time can see your progress.

Tony said...

I wanted to take a picture this morning but we ran out of time. I will start doing that from here on out. Thanks.

ElleTeeJay said...

Oh, and I lost 3 lbs at WW weigh-in this morning. Thanks for reminding me to post it, sweetie!

One more thing, as long as we are stating our intentions, my goal is to lose another 12 lbs by Labor Day, which is 10 weeks from now.

Anonymous said...

This is a marathon, not a sprint, so way to go keepin up the momentum!

Congrats to you too LTJ!

Love from the O'Connors to all the Johnsons and Ferchos!

~Nato

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I am so proud of you Tony (you too lovely Laura)!!! :-) I can't wait to check back next week!!

Love,
Ang

Anonymous said...

From the big winner to the big loser! Congratulations on another very successful week! I look forward to seeing less of you this weekend when you bring over the Flat Out Pizza!

~Teresa

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!!! **tossig confetti in the air in celebration**

Setting small goals is a very good way to approach getting healthy! Lady Rose

Scott said...

I always knew I married a winner! Nice work Tony!