Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Victory Is Mine!

No we didn't win the softball game, in fact we got crushed 14 to 4. I was however victorious in my battle against Professor Potluck and his nefarious sidekick Buffet Boy!

My battle plan worked like a charm. My grapes of goodness and carrots of concern deflected Potlucks willpower weakening goodies. Do not celebrate prematurley my freinds, there will be many more battles to come.

My mother was very funny last night. She was kind enough to put a plate together for me while I wrangled children.

Here is how the conversation went:

Mom: Would you like a fat free hot dog?

Tony: No. I'll have a Chedderwurst

Mom: Would you like a fat free hot dog?

Tony: I'm going to have a Chedderwurst

Mom: Are you sure you don't want a fat free hot dog?

Tony: That's OK I'll have a Chedderwurst.

Mom: OK

In my Mom's defense, she did put the Chedderwurst on my plate without the slightes hint of reproach or scorn.

Thank you Mom for trying to help, but I did have a plan. I chose to skip the desserts and the snacks and the chips so I could enjoy the Chedderwurst. It was my compromise for the night. And I think it worked great. By having one thing I knew I would love, I was less tempted by the rest of the spread. And, in the grand scheme of things a Chedderwurst is not the wurst thing I could have eaten.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

I still came in way under my calorie count for the day, so I think things worked out just fine.

Tony
7/19: 272 lbs.

No comments: