Monday, June 18, 2007

I Know The Face Of My Enemy

It's softball night. Tonight we are having a potluck barbecue. Potlucks and buffets are my most nefarious foes. With their beady little eyes and appetizers and desserts and way too much food. Curse you Professor Potluck!

Tonight I have planned a clever counter strike against these gastronomical nere do wells. Taking a page from my sisters battle plan for last week, I will be bringing a big bag of grapes and carrots to the barbecue tonight. And God willing I shall best this buffet.

The batting slump will most likely continue tonight. We are playing a team way out of our league (pun intended). I'll be lucky to get more than one at bat.

On a completely different note, here is a quick sign of my dedication and maturity.

It was pouring rain when I sat down for lunch today, so I wrote off all hope of getting a walk in and settled in with a good book. About twenty minutes into my lunchbreak the rain stopped. In the past I would have said , "Oh well, I'm already settled in with this good book", and skipped the walk. Today, as a wiser and more mature person, I chucked the book, grabbed my shoes and hit the road. Good for me!

Tony
7/18: 272 lbs.

No comments: