Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A New Recipe - Kind Of Invented By Me

My wife and I love pizza. Sadly pizza is in cahoots with Professor Potluck and Buffet Boy. The three of them form my very own Axis of Evil. They are know to many as the Axis of Evil Food Related Evilness. Not a very catchy name I know, but who am I to judge.

Anyway, on Sunday night after a hectic 2 hours of getting home and getting the girls to bed, my wife and I were exhausted. Out of habit my wife suggested we order pizza from this great little place down the road. While my lovely wife did suggest ordering a smaller-sized, thin crust pizza, and not ordering the ridiculously scrumptious cheese bread which usually accompanies our order when it arrives at our door, I feared that my will would be weakened by the eveilness of those tangy pizza spices.

However, I have to admit I was tempted. Tempted to the point where I nearly had the phone in my hand, but something stopped me. Instead I reached for the refrigerator door and surveyed the barren wasteland within. At the very bottom of the fridge, under some beer bottles and old cream cheese I noticed a new product my wife had bought for the girls called Flat Out

And thus our awesome recipe for Flat Out Pizza was born.




FLAT OUT PIZZA:
1 Flat Out Wrap
1/4 Cup Spaghetti Sauce
1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
Toppings Of Your Choice
Pizza Spice

Heat oven to 350F.
Bake Flat Out for 7 minutes. Remove from oven. Top Flat out with Spaghetti Sauce, Toppings and Cheese. Sprinkle on some Pizza Spice. Place Flat Out back in oven for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.


I topped my pizza with thin slices of grilled chicken. My wife topped hers with sliced green olives.

You should try it, it's really good.

3 comments:

ElleTeeJay said...

I am commenting to refute statements in this blog entry which may lead faithful reader to believe that I am trying to sabotage Tony's new healthy lifestyle.

When I suggested pizza, I suggested ordering a smaller-sized, thin crust pizza only, and not ordering the ridiculously scrumptious cheese bread which usually accompanies our order when it arrives at our door.

I just want to be sure the record is set straight. Retraction?

Tony said...

Your concern has been noted. The entry has been edited to reflect your roll as a supporter and not an evil Succubus!

ElleTeeJay said...

Thank you, my love! By the way, I think my next flat out pizza will involve fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella...YUM!