Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mini-Milestones

I have been so tempted to step on the scale these last two days. It's not that I am convinced there will be another big drop as much as I just want to know what is happening. I want all this hard work to pay off and seeing those numbers on the scale is the easiest indication of how things are going. It all goes back to wanting instant gratification.

Luckily, I have been able to resist the temptation. I should have no problem making it one more day until weigh in on Fri.


In the meantime I have two nice mini-milestones to report.

Milestone 1:
About a month and a half ago I jammed my ring finger on my left hand and my knuckle swelled up pretty bad. I started wearing my wedding ring on my right hand until the swelling went down. Unfortunately, even after the swelling went down I still found it hard to get my ring on. So, I continued to wear my ring on my right hand, much to the dismay of my lovely wife. The good news is, this weekend I was finally able to get the ring back on my left hand and wear it comfortably. I am sure this has a lot to do with the weight loss.

Milestone 2:
A few years ago my sister bought me 3 or 4 pairs of really nice shorts on clearance from the company she works for. She gave them to me in November, right before I went to a wedding in Florida. At the time I could almost fit into them, so I put them away for the following summer. By the time summer rolled around, there was no way I was getting into those shorts. So they sat in a drawer with the tags still on them until this week. I am proud to report the shorts now fit great and are still very stylish. Thanks sis!

Tony
6/20: 272 lbs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of times, it's those intangible victories that mean the most while we're losing weight. Mine have been things like getting into smaller pants, being able to buy a whole shirt size down, etc...

Hey, if you're interested, check us out over at FatBloggers.net and consider joining us. Not trying to sell anything, we're just a support group for guys trying to lose weight. We're always in the market for new bloggers over there. Drop me a line and let me know if you're interested.

Tony said...

Thanks Rick,

I'll check it out and let you know. Support is the name of the game right now!

Tony

Anonymous said...

Hi Hon,
My computer has been broke for a week, but we are back online now.
SOOO!!! I also want to refute what you wrote about me, since we are being honest. At the ball game, I only asked once, maybe twice at the most, if you wanted a fat free hot dog. I think Sarah asked you also and maybe even Laura. I'm sure it wasn't three times. I'm really proud of you, and all of us. We did eat better at the lake, and I didn't have to badger you into going for a walk with me. Wakeboarding will get easier with each pound lost. I will make my prediction early this week because I have a busy day tomorrow. I'm going to go with 5 pounds this week.
Love Mom

DC Viking said...

269