Friday, January 25, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 17

Happy Friday, GHMIW fans!

Like Tony, I’ve had a rough time getting back into the swing of things after the holidays. I’ve lost some of my drive and determination, and I’m hoping I can get it back soon. And, like my darling husband, while I don’t feel that the train is back on track, I do feel as though I have the potential to get it back on the rails this week…as long as no one feels the need to tempt me with Chipotle burritos (I’m not mentioning any names, but you know who you are).

I did okay this week, despite the delicious steak burrito bol (mmm...Chipotle). I had a loss, putting me right back where I was two weeks ago. I got myself to the gym three mornings this week and am hoping to go at least once this weekend, too. I am now walking at a rate of 4 miles an hour and running at 5. This morning, I ran for 15 of my 45 minutes (8 minutes, 5-minute walk, then 7 more minutes). For someone like me, who has never (I mean EVER) been a runner, that is huge.

This week, as Tony was blogging about getting back on track, Dona (who is on a healthy living journey with her husband) commented on how easy it is to pick up old habits and how much easier all of this is when you have a partner on whom to lean. Absolutely.

K also commented we have demonstrated that “a little stumble doesn’t have to turn into a crash and burn scenario.” I think that is what is so much different for me this time. There is a lot of old-fashioned determination involved but, moreover, it is all about the accountability.

Going back to the "partner thing"...for the first time in our (almost) 13 years together, Tony and I are keeping each other honest about what we’re eating. I will also admit, that accountability to this blog is also pretty motivating. While everyone has been so supportive (no matter what direction the numbers are moving), it’s downright embarrassing to post a gain. That’s a good thing for me.

K was also interested in a post about our strategies for weight loss maintenance. I would love to speak to that…tune in next week. (And, thanks for the kind words.)

The goal is to keep on keepin’ on this week. I’d really like to finally break through this 5-pound plateau I’ve been playing around with since just before Christmas. A 186 would look fantastic to me right now. Wish me luck!

'Til next week,
Laura (a.k.a. Elle Tee Jay)

1/18/2008: 189.4
1/25/2008: 187.8 (a loss of 1.6 pounds)
Total loss: 40.6 pounds
Next goal: 182.0 pounds

P.S. As of today, Tony and I have lost a combined total of 103.2 pounds! Yee-haw!

3 comments:

Laura N said...

Congrats on your total losses so far, to both of you. These are not small achievements.

You are becoming a runner the exact same way I did. And I can run like the wind now, baby! Well, not really, but you know, I still dream....

Keep at it and enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

4MPH walking is very good and adding in the run time, you are doing great.
Congratss on the lost this week.
Bob

K said...

keep up the good work!!

Way to go on the run/walk!!

I love walking on the treads... running on them sort of scares me (I do fine elliptical and I can speed walk forever)... I am just so darned clumsy I keep thinking that I will create one of those dramatic fly off the back of the machine moments.