Monday, January 21, 2008

Today Is The Day I Take A Stand

I am in a bad place right now!

I am not eating all that great.

I am rationalizing skipping my workouts

I am back up over 220 again.

and on Sunday I went to Dairy Queen for a small Kit Kat Blizzard...and didn't tell anyone about it until now.

My back is getting better, but not better enough that I feel comfortable getting back on the treadmill yet. I have another appointment with the chiropractor on Tuesday. I hope to get the full low down then.

Since I don't want to run this week I started thing about all the other things I could do with my lunch break besides working out. I could get my hair cut. Get a little shopping done. Go to the post office.

The slippery slope just keeps getting slipperier.

So today I take a stand.
This week I am going to be super strict with myself.
I will eat breakfast everyday.
That breakfast will be a bowl of cereal. Not a muffin, not a doughnut. Not something I eat in a car.
I will not eat snacks that are not fruits or vegetables.
I will bring my lunch everyday.
I will go to the gym and ride the bike any day that I am not going to the Chiropractor.
I will track my calories
I will report everything I do on this site everyday this week.

I will not fail!


Tony
1/21: 219.2lbs
NEW GOAL: 214
5.2 pounds to go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riding the bike is great excerise. I mix the bike with my running and the when I could not run for 6 weeks i did a lot of biking.
Keep at it, you can do it.
Dad

ElleTeeJay said...

We'll keep it in check this week, sweetie. We'll do some good, old-fashioned meal planning when I get home tonight.

If you're taking a stand, I'm standing next to you. Love you!

K said...

I just spent forever writing a long response to your post... lost in cyberspace perhaps - or will show up at some random interval.

Anyway, the take-home message was that you two inspire me. One of the biggest things you keep demonstrating is that a little stumble doesn't have to turn into a crash and burn scenario. You are doing it in smallish steps. Point shown in your post here, a small stumble - and instead of throwing up your hands, you put the brakes on. You two are terrific.

Along those lines, I am interested in a post about what you are going to do when you switch from weight loss to maintenance mode - do you have strategies planned?

Anonymous said...

My husband and I have adopted a new food plan together, like you guys have. (Notice I did not use the dreaded "D" word). Our combined loss is around 60-70 lbs. and we are pretty much where we want to be; however, what you are going through is exactly what I fear the most. Picking up those bad habits would be SO very easy. Use each other for support and you can do it. It really is much easier with a partner to encourage you. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony and Laura,
I am just catching up on your posts since Friday. It was a busy weekend and I hadn't had a chance to read them yet. Great picture Laura. I'm so proud of you both. It is hard to get on track after the holidays, but once you make up your mind to get started again, you will do it. Don't think it is just you that have days of snacking and cravings, and giving in. We all do it, and you will learn to control most of them one day. Exercise is always the key, don't give up on it.
Love Sandy/Mom