Friday, September 28, 2007

If Only I Hadn't Worn Those Jeans!

This was a big week for me. For the first time in about seven years, the prospect of weighing less than 200 pounds was just outside my reach. Boy, there is nothing like having a major milestone within view to really kick a gal into gear! Consequently, I was very focused this week. Besides the apple turnover at the orchard last Saturday (which was TOTALLY worth it), I really kept a tight rein on my eating.

An even bigger accomplishment for me (one that I am extremely proud of) was my increased level of exercise. Exercise has always been the biggest roadblock on my weight loss journey, but I really challenged myself to simply “move more” this week. Since Sunday, I have succeeded in completing two 2-mile walks, about an hour of strength training exercises, and a one-hour hip-hip dance workout that I TiVo’d from FitTV. For some of you that may not seem like much, but for me, it was a major achievement.

As an aside, the hip-hop dance workout gave me one of my biggest laughs of the week. I have 10 years of training in tap, ballet, and jazz, and have been a musical theater choreographer for over 15 years.


Here's the deal: I could not keep up with these people…I couldn’t learn the moves!

As I was attempting to follow the dancers in this video with their gyrations, shimmying, and booty shaking, I realized I was doing all this (attempted) dancing right next to the large windows at the front of our house. When I imagined what kind of idiot I must have looked like to anyone passing by on the street, I started to laugh. When I looked out the window, I half expected to see someone looking back at me, shocked and horrified by the sight of my not-so-sweet dance moves. With the amount of time I spent laughing, I’m sure I got a good ab workout. I’m hoping the hip-hop will go a little better the next time around.

So, back to the point of the post. At this morning’s weigh-in, I missed the big milestone by an excruciatingly small two-tenths of a pound. An amount so small that if I had chosen to wear a skirt instead of jeans I would have hit it. (arrgh!)

On a positive note, I dropped a BMI point this week! In addition, I now have two milestones within reach. The journey continues…

Have a good weekend!
Laura

Weekly update:
09/21/2007: 202.0 pounds
09/28/2007: 200.2 pounds (a loss of 1.8 this week)
Total loss: 28.2 pounds
Mini-goal #1: 199.9 by 10/15/2007; 0.3 pounds to go
Mini-goal #2: 30 pounds lost; 1.8 pounds to go
(again, wouldn’t it be sweet to do it in one week?)

4 comments:

Em said...

You ARE going to do it in one week. Keep telling yourself that.

And you have inspired me to go buy a hot hat like that one!!

Great job, Laura.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Laura! Stupid jeans. You know, and I know, you hit your goal. Keep up the good work!
Heather

Laura N said...

Great job this week! You totally should have taken those jeans off. They'd weigh at least a pound, probably two. So you ARE under 200! Keep up the super work!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!