Friday, August 3, 2007

Weigh-In Week 8



250.2! That's what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of 1.6lbs.

Missed it by that much!

The celebration will have to be postponed until next week.

Surprisingly I am not too disappointed. I learned my lesson a few weeks ago. Any loss is a good loss and 8 straight weeks of loss is amazing.

My lovely wife and a few other people have said now that I am putting on muscle it will effect my rate of loss. I want that to be true, but I'm not sure that I put on that much muscle this week. Although, I can do 15 push ups now. It was only 12 last weekend.

If I was looking for an excuse for a smaller loss this week,(which I am not) I'd say it is the 4 pounds of scab I have on my leg. Sorry that was gross.

No winner this week. Everybody was over. I do love your optimism though. My mom was closest with 1.8. Good guessing Mom!

Have a great weekend everybody! I'm off to the Doctors this afternoon for my first physical in nearly ten years. Hopefully I will have some fun things to report on Monday.

Tony
8/3: 250.2 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
30.2 lbs. to go

p.s. We made Diet Pepsi Pot Roast last night. It was great! The Pepsi seems to tenderize the meat more than just water would. Highly recommended. Thank you Heather for putting it all together.

5 comments:

Em said...

Great job!

Can you explain why your rate of loss will change with putting more muscle on?? I am curious about this as they both weigh the same. One is just more dense than the other, but perhaps there is further reasoning behind this idea.

Tony said...

Em,

I've been told that muscle is heavier than fat. I have no clue if this is true.

Honestly, I don't understand any of it. I was just repeating what other people told me.

This seems like it may require some research.

Tony said...

Tony said...
Ok, so after a brief search (i.e. clicking on the first Google link I found)I have an answer.

I am not going to attempt to summarize. Go here for the very humorous explanation.

I'll try to do some more research later.

Anonymous said...

Great Job this week. I was showing a woman at work the pictures on your blog from a few weeks back (the progression one from last year to this year) and she said you were now "HOT". Those were her actual words, not mine (that would be weird).
I lost 1.6 today at my weigh in for a total of 10.6. I got another gold star!

ElleTeeJay said...

Hurray for you, sweetie! You'll have to start thinking about how you are going to celebrate reaching your initial goal. You deserve it.

Congrats, Sister Sarah! Nice work!

My update:
Lost this week: 2.6 (HURRAY!)
Total weight loss: 19.4
2.6 pounds left to reach my initial goal by Labor Day

BTW, I've always thought you were hot.