Monday, July 30, 2007

Baby. Fat.


As I was looking through pictures from this weekend, I saw this photo and it got me kind of choked up. I am so happy to finally have pictures with my girls that I am not embarrassed of.

The thought of looking back at pictures like this in 20 years makes me cringe. I don't want this to be me. I don't want this to be the father my girls grow up with.


Pictures like this are the reason I can not fail this time. My girls are getting old enough to start forming memories that will last the rest of their life. When that happens, when they get to the point where they develop their first memory of their daddy, I want to be someone that I am proud to be. I want to be the father in that first picture, not the fat guy in this one.



Ok, now I am making myself cry. Not a good place to be for writing witty copy about coffee and sugary cereal. Time to move on.

Tony
7/30: 251.8 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
31.8 lbs. to go

2 comments:

Em said...

Awww...I'm crying, too. You have a sweet, sweet family there. What more motivation do you need, right?

Way to go, Tony. You are on the road to being skinny Dad Tony. You already look fantastic!

ElleTeeJay said...

I'm know I'm late to the conversation, but I needed to add this. You are an amazing dad. The girls' memories of their dad will be dictated more by the kind of man you are than by how much you weigh. Not being where you would like to be in terms of weight does not make you any less wonderful a father. It just had to be said.