Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Recipe Wednesday

I started my strength training last night.

14 Push Ups
40 Crunches (20 straight, 20 to the side)
4 Dips
20 Squats
40 Walking Lunges
30 Calf Raises

I am surprised at how good I feel this morning... minus the road rash on my leg of course, which feels like a thousand little elves with a thousand white hot needles poking into my leg every few minutes.

My feeling good may have something to do with my first every visit to the chiropractor yesterday. For a while now, I have been having some issues with my lower back. Every morning on my drive in, my back and lower legs get kind of numb and it takes me a while to walk it off. I assumed it was weight related. Turns out I have a tilted pelvis because of the way I sleep. Last night I slept with a body pillow and did some stretches this morning and now I am feeling great.

I also have a general check up on Friday. This will be my first check up since shortly after college. If I am going to get serious about my health I might as well get serious about all aspects of it.

Now on to...

Recipe WEDNESDAY


It's a crazy one this week. This recipe comes from this great book that Laura's Aunt Polly gave us called Fix It and Forget It Lightly. It's all low cal crock pot recipes and it's full of some good looking recipes that I am excited to try. I'll be making this one tomorrow night.

Pepsi Pot Roast

INGREDIENTS:
3-lb. pot roast
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
2 10-3/4 oz. cans of fat-free, low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
2 16-oz. bottles of diet soda

PREPARATION:

1. Place meat in slow cooker.
2. In large bowl mix soup, onion soup mix and cola. Pour over roast in cooker.
3. Cover. Cook on high 6 hours.

Per Serving:
Calories: 170, 7g total fat, (2g saturated fat, .5g trans fat), 70mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 4g total cabs, 0g fiber, 23g protien

Tony
8/1: 251.8 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
31.8 lbs. to go

3 comments:

Nato said...

Gotta admit.. I'm fuzzy on this one.

So you take 3 lbs of meat, pour 32 oz of sugary soda over it.. and then it's only 170 calories? Wow aint' science amazing?

Or are these serving sizes 1/2 fork-full?

=-P

~Nato

Em said...

I don't know where you are in relation to the twin cities, but I wanted you to know that I have been thinking about you and your family today.

~E

Tony said...

The soda is diet Nate. Oh and the crock pot is magic... that helps.

It says it makes 12 servings. I'm planing on it realistically making 6 servings.