Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Freinds Don't Let Freinds Play Softball

And this is why.




We were down by ten runs in the bottom of the 7th. After a rally inning we had scored 6. When I stepped up to the plate there were two outs with runners on first and second. With menace in my eyes I took a mighty swing and fouled it straight back. One more strike to go.

The wind up, the pitch... it's a beautiful line drive down the third base line. The runners were moving like the bogeyman himself was hot on their tail. The play at home was fumbled. I made the split second decision to try and stretch it to a triple. Unfortunately... it was the wrong decision. We lost by two runs and I was left crippled and bleeding in the dirt.

Believe me I know better. My slide was so far from the plate they could have built a three lane highway between me and the bag.

After the numbing effects of Bactine and Mich Golden Light kicked in I was feeling pretty good. But let me tell you, for about an hour and half there I was feeling the pain and it was not good!

The good news? My batting slump seems to be in full retreat. I was 5 for 6 at the plate last night. I'm back baby... just in time for the last game of the season.

I have my first ever chiropractic appointment this morning. I wonder if she can do anything for my leg?

Tony
7/31: 251.8 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
31.8 lbs. to go

2 comments:

Em said...

OUCH!

Nato said...

Ouchy is right...

And as I discovered last year.. at our age, we don't heal so well anymore either.. I had a slide like that (though I think I was safe =-P ) and now I have a scar the size of a pear on my leg.

But at least it was "Light" beer!

Maybe soon you can catch up to your dad's physique, who I bet can still do a baby bench press with you!

Doing great! Keep up the good work.

~Nato