Thursday, August 2, 2007

Guess How Much I Weigh Conest - Week 8

Please take a minute this morning to say a prayer for those effected by the bridge collapse here in Minnesota.

As many of you know the 35W bridge is just a few blocks from my office. I walked down there this morning before work and said a short prayer. I know prayer is not location based but I felt a need to be as close as I could.

I walk past this bridge every day during my workout. I could not get close enough to see the collapsed bridge this morning. I can not begin to imagine what it will be like to take that walk for the first time once all the emergency crews and police tape have cleared out.

Fortunately no one in my life has been hurt in this tragic event. That could change in the next day or two... I pray that it doesn't.

Here are a few pictures of the media mess I found at the police tape this morning.










I contemplated canceling this weeks contest. It seemed a little petty, considering.

Here is what I have decided to do instead.


The contest will go on ,but in lue of a prize, I will be making a donation to the Minnesota Red Cross. It seems like the right thing to do.

To Recap:
Every Thursday I give you my stats for the week and you guess what you think the scale will say on Friday morning. Go ahead and click on comments at the bottom of this post and leave your guess.

I will post the winner when I post my weight on Fri. morning.

Stats for the week of July 30th.

Walked / Ran: 10.9 miles

Calories Consumed: From Thursday morning through Wed. night I have consumed aprox. 12089 calories.

Calories Burned: From Thursday morning through Wed. night I have burned aprox. 28448 calories.

27% of my calories have come from fat.
7% of those calories came from Saturated Fats.

45% of my calories came from carbs.

21% of my calories came from protein.


Let the guessing begin. Good Luck!


Tony
8/2: 251.8 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
31.8 lbs. to go

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

2.1 Lbs. If right you will be under 250.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Tony, Great Idea about Red Cross, I am prove of you and how you think.
Dad

Em said...

What a great idea, Tony. It's funny how concerned I was for you and your family. Like we are old friends who have just been reacquainted. My heart breaks for the families of these victims.


My guess is 3.2 lbs! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

As I write this, I am still stunned about the bridge collapse. I can't even begin to understand what it must be like for the people involved and the families of the missing, dead, and injured.
You are all in my prayers. Today, I will make a donation to the Red Cross also. Tony, I am so proud of your compassion and caring. I love you so much and am, as always, your biggest supporter.
Love Mom
My guess today is 1.8

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony, My guess for weight loss this week is 3.6 lbs. Hope I am low!!

Sue

Anonymous said...

Great week Tony. I am going to guess 3.0 lbs.
What you did not tell thr folks on your blog is that a lot of those hits you got on Monday night would have been singles last year. I can tell that your running and weight loss have helped you stretch your game and run a lot faster.

Anonymous said...

This weeks guess is 2.5

~Teresa

ElleTeeJay said...

3.4 for me...I love you.

Anonymous said...

I am guessing big - since I see you every day and I think you look great! So I am guessing 4.5 lbs
=) Heather

Anonymous said...

I am going with 5 lbs this week!! My heart too just breaks for all the people involved in the bridge collapse, and I am so happy that so far all my family and friends in MN have not beed involved. Good luck!!!