Friday, July 20, 2007

Weigh-In Week 6



257.2! That's what the scale said this morning.

That is a loss of 1.2 lbs. 6 weeks of loss!

At first I was disappointed with this morning’s weigh in. I have been on such a high with these big losses that 1 lb just didn't seem like enough of an accomplishment. On my drive in to work this morning I spent some time psychoanalyzing this reaction and I realized I put the cart before the horse again.

I had spent a lot of time this week thinking about how cool it will be to get into some old clothes that I haven't worn for awhile. It got me hoping that my sartorial recovery would come sooner rather than later. This put me in the wrong frame of mind for this morning’s weigh in. The more I thought about as I weaved my way through the dangerous inner city of Minneapolis, the happier I became about 1.2.

Six straight weeks of loss is amazing for me and this week was not an easy week. I got way off of my normal eating schedules and ate out a lot. But, even with the crazy busy week, I still managed to stick to my workout routine and even add a bit of running... and I still managed to lose. That is something to be proud of!


No one got it right on the money this week. The closest was Tide, which would have made him our first back to back winner, but we play by Price is Right rules here. You have to be the closest without going over to win. I may have forgot to mention that. Besides there were only 7 guesses so there would have been no prize this week anyway.

We have the big Christmas in July party tomorrow. I really want to start ths week out right, so if you are in attendance tomorrow and see me heading towards the buffet line for thirds knock the plate out of my hand.

Tony
7/20: 257.2 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
37.2 lbs. to go

p.s. Don't forget you can now subscribe to this blog via e-mail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job. I am sure that all of your guests this weekend will be so excited about the changes in your mind and body. You look great and I am so proud of you. I lost 2.4 this week for a total of 8.6 in 5 weeks of Weight Watchers. Exactly half way to my WW goal weight (I want to go 4 lbs more after that) so 12.6 lbs. to go!

Em said...

Way to go, Tony!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on another loss! You are really doing a fantastic job. Congrats to Sister Sarah, and your lovely wife too - see what a great thing you have started?? Heather