Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Recipe Wednesday

We had a lovely birthday celebration for my maternal grandmother last night. Once again everyone was on thier best behavior when it came to providing food. Low cal, low fat options of some of our favorite standbys like Cheesy Potatoes turned out suprisingly good. And lots of fruit and vegtables helped curb my craving for second helpings on the burgers and spuds.

Congratulations to my Aunt Sue who has started her own healthy lifestyle journey and is doing very well.

I am not sure when I will get a chance to make this recipe, but I am very excited to try it. It is looking like a late night at work tonight and then tomorrow night we will have to scramble to get the house ready for the party crew that is arriving on Friday. We are having a big Christmas in January blowout for my lovely wife's family on Saturday. All the yard work and house beatification I have been writing about has been in prep for this big moment.

Honey Crusted Chicken

Ingredients
8 saltine crackers, each about 2 inches square
1 teaspoon paprika
4 teaspoons honey
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each 4 ounces


Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.

In a small bowl, crush the crackers. Add paprika and stir to mix well.

Brush 1 teaspoon honey on each side of the chicken breasts. Dredge the chicken through the cracker mixture, coating both sides.

Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish. Bake until lightly browned and cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately.

Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Calories 224, Cholesterol 66mg, Protein 27g, Sodium 231mg, Carbohydrate 21g, Fiber 1g, Total fat 3g, Potassium 338mg, Saturated fat 1g, Calcium 30mg, Monounsaturated fat 1g

Recipe provide by Mayo Clinic

Tony
7/18: 258.4 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
38.4 lbs. to go

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desk and the link of your blog.
I'll publish on my blog!.
Thanks Frank
EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

The chicken looks good.
Dad

Em said...

I was going to make Apricot Chicken (I will post the recipe tomorrow if I make it) but this looks a heck of a lot better. I wonder what the difference would be with FF saltines. Should I go buy the honey today? Hmmmm...