Monday, September 29, 2008

Nearly 9 Miles

Sunday's run was supposed to be an 8-mile run. Due to the inaccuracy of the Nike+ set up I borrowed from a friend, it turned into a nearly 9 mile run.

My dad and Brother-In-Law and I headed out into a wet foggy morning early on Sunday. We could barely see ten feet in front of us. Thank goodness I had company because there was no view to distract me. Although, it was kind of fun running through the foggy. Very mysterious.

When we got to the place we thought was 4 miles, the Ipod said we had another 3/10 of a mile to go. So we pressed on. When I double checked our run on Map My Run.com, the route ended up being closer to 8.7 miles.

Either way I am extremely proud of making another huge running milestone.

Just two more weeks before the big 10K race and I am finally starting to feel like I have a chance to finish in under an hour.

It's a big week of runs this week. 3 miles tomorrow. 6 miles on Thursday. 2 Miles on Friday and another 8 miles on Sunday.

Tony
09/29 216.8 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
8.8 lbs. to go

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Way to go Tony! It's always great to achieve more than you thought you could even if it is accidentally.