Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 47

You know, there was a time when I had a couple spare minutes on a daily basis to catch up on facebook, read a blog or two, or even catch up on a little personal e-mail. Lately, it seems as though all that extra time has completely disappeared. I don’t feel like I have time for anything that used to be part of my routine, including my workouts and meal planning. I have been exhausted all the time.

Here’s the question: is my “lack of time” an illusion? Am I using this imaginary lack of time as an excuse to not do the hard work that needs to be done? And, is this illusion of not having any time compounding my supposed “exhaustion”?

These are the issues I’m working on right now as I am trying to get to the heart of this weight loss plateau. I’ve been sitting within the same four-pound range since March, just before Tony and I went on vacation. Now, as cold weather is looming, I need to find some renewed motivation so that I don’t backslide during the winter. More on this story as it develops.

One positive note…this is the first autumn (for as long as I can remember) where I haven’t had to buy new “cold weather clothes” because the ones from the previous year were just a little too tight. That feels awfully good.

Until Friday,




(Consider this last Friday's weigh-in)

8/08/08: 183.0
9/19/08: 186.2
9/26/08: 185.2 (a loss of 1 pound)
Total loss of 43.2 pounds
3.2 pounds to next mini-goal of 182.0

No comments: