Friday, August 1, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 39

“The what? The who? Tony has a wife? She blogs? I’m so horribly confused.”

Yep…that’s right…I took a little break.

When we last left my weekly weigh-ins (back in week 31), I was feeling as though my schedule was out of control. Now, eight weeks later, it isn’t much better. Work has become increasingly demanding and we’ve had a really busy summer. To be honest, I let it get the better of me, and everything fell apart. I stopped logging my food and was only going to the gym sporadically…very sporadically. I was too stressed, too busy, too overwhelmed, and too exhausted.

Luckily, I didn’t gain a lot of weight during my hiatus, which began on 6/7/08. In fact, I did a pretty good job of maintaining.

I ran into my gym buddy, Tammy, at a graduation party a couple of weeks ago. Her loving first words to me? “Where have you been? I am so mad at you.”

She proceeded to tell me that if you didn’t see me by the following Tuesday she would begin calling me at home when she got to the gym at 5:00 each morning. When I mentioned the fact that she didn’t have my phone number, she squinted her eyes kind of Dirty Harry-style and said, “Yeah, but I know people.”

It was just the kick to the head I needed. I’ve been back on track at the gym for the last two weeks and my eating has fallen back in line, too.

And, finally, while I’m not making any official announcements, I started a nine-week Couch-to-5K program this week, which would prepare me for a race sometime this fall. It’s been going well so far…I’ll keep you updated on this story as it develops.

‘Til next week,



P.S. Just two more weeks until the end of the softball season…that means back to Monday night yoga for me! Hurray!

My update:
6/06/08: 184.8
8/01/08: 186.0 (a gain of 1.2 pounds in eight weeks)
Total loss of 42.4 pounds, 2.8 pounds over low of 183.2, 4.0 pounds from next mini-goal of 182.0

3 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Enjoy the c25k!

ElleTeeJay said...

Thanks, Andrew!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting back on track. I'm very proud of you.
Love Sandy