Monday, August 4, 2008

Race Wrap Up Part 1

The second Triathlon was another huge success.

Once again I could not have asked for a more perfect day. It was cool and sunny with just a little breeze. Perfect racing conditions.

This course was a much tougher course than my first Tri. The course was a little longer and a lot of the bike and half the run were up hill, so while my time is 11 minutes slower than my first race, it is 5 minutes faster than what I thought I would be able to do. I am really proud and a little amazed at how well I did this weekend.

Here are the results:

Total Time: 1:15:39

Overall Place 173/ 386
Gender Place 103 / 177
Division Place 16 / 26
Swim time 12:19
Swim pace 2:06/100 Yards
Swim place 111
Bike time 34:54
Bike mph 17.7
Bike place 180
Run time 23:19
Run pace 9:20
Run place 244

Here's how things compare to my first race. Since the courses are so different, the easiest way to compare is based on ranking and pace data.

I'm not so good with the HTML so you'll have to scroll down to see the times.




































RACE INFO HEART OF THE LAKES BREWHOUSE
Overall Place 148/388 173/386
Division Place 21/33 16/26
Gender Place 99/180 103/177
Swim Pace 1:58/100 Yard 2:06/100 yard
Bike Pace 19.9 MPH 17.7 MPH
Run Pace 9:36/Mile 9:20/Mile


My swim pace was only 6 seconds slower. Not bad considering I only swam once since my last race and I started right at the front of the pack. I spent most of the race getting swam over or swimming over other people. It was a whole different experience than the first race.

My bike pace was way slower, but I knew that would be the case with all the hills. Amazingly I kept up a 19MPH Average for the first 6.5 miles. Then I hit the really big hills.

Here is the real shocker, despite using up so much energy busting hills on my bike and having to run half the course uphill, I managed to shave 16 seconds a mile off of my run pace! Woo-Hoo! That may be the biggest accomplishment of all from this race.

I am also really happy to see that I finished in about the same place in my age group and in the overall male rankings for both races, which says to me I wasn't the only one slowed down by those hills.

My overall place is a little lower then Heart of The Lakes, I am pretty sure that has to do with how fast the ladies were in this race. There were some really, really fast women passing me up on the bike course.

Stay tuned for race day pics.

Tony
08/4 217.4 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
9.4 lbs. to go

No comments: