Friday, August 8, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 40

Happy Friday, GHMIW fans!

I think I can officially say that I am back on track, and it feels great! This is my third week of at least three workouts a week. Hurray! I’ve been alternating between strength training and my C25K program, and I feel great! I’m hoping this is the beginning of a new “downward trend!”

Funny thing. After at the end of my treadmill session this morning, I made a big discovery. I’m not running fast enough! In fact, I think that increasing my speed from might even make running easier…something I’m going to try as part of my next session.

And now, my big announcement of the week…(drum roll, please!).

After 19 weeks of slugging it out, the number on the scale has finally hit a new low point! Granted, it was a difference of only two-tenths of a pound, but it is my first week of forward progress since before we went on vacation! This is a huge deal for me, psychologically. Really, truly, gigantic.

Now, I’m ready to keep the momentum going. One more pound lost and my BMI drops to 29, making me merely overweight and no longer obese. That’s big stuff. Here’s hoping we have a reason to celebrate next week!

Have a good weekend!

(a.k.a., Elle Tee Jay)



8/1/08: 186.0
8/8/08: 183.0 (a loss of 3 pounds!)
Total loss of 45.4 pounds
1.0 pound(!) to next mini-goal of 182.0


P.S. Good luck to Sister Sarah on her 5K this weekend! I'll be there to cheer you on!

2 comments:

Tony said...

Way to go sweetie!!!!

I can't wait to have two overweight people living in our house!

ElleTeeJay said...

You are a funny guy, you know that?

Thanks for the props, sweetie! Love you!