Monday, August 4, 2008

Race Wrap Up 2

Thanks to my Father-In-Law's egale eye, quick finger, and fancy camera, I got some great pictures of the race....and some more cool time lapse action shots.

Just finishing the swim.


The start of the bike. Time lapse style.
I am so glad I drove the course the night before so I knew what I was in for. It would have been a rude shock to get out there with all those hills and not be mentally prepared for it.






Nearing the bike finish. This picture makes me look a lot more relaxed than I was. My legs were burning!!!



Starting the Run...Time Lapse Style.
Laura told me after the race that the look on my face at this point made it look like I was hurting...and I was. It could also be a little fear looking at the hill I had to climb. It was 1/2 mile of straight gradual incline and you could see it the whole way.








Sprinting for the finish line.
After the turn at the top of the hill, I managed to settle into a great pace. Going down hill helped I am sure. I felt really good coming into the chute. I was hurting but not nearly as much as I had been in my first race. As always my loving family was there to give me the encourgment I needed to kick in the extra speed right at the end.






Hanging out with my number one motivation!
After both races all three of my girls have rushed to congratulate me. That part of the race is even better than crossing the finish line. It will live as one of my most cherished memories.



There is a pretty good chance this was my last Triathlon for the season, and I am surprised at how sad that makes me. But I have lots more 5K and 10K races before the snow starts falling and I plan to do plenty more Tri's in the coming years.

Tony
08/4 217.4 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
9.4 lbs. to go

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tony on another great tri!!

~Teresa

Andrew is getting fit said...

You looked bushed! But so happy.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for getting healthy, and changing your whole lifestyle. I love you.
Mom

john - from fat to fit said...

So awesome! I love seeing the tall thinner guy you are leaving in the dust...

Tony said...

That tall skinny Badgers fan passed me up about 5 minutes later, but then he had to take a walk break so I passed him again...then he passed me again...then he took another walk break and I passed him.

It felt pretty good to be plowing through while he had to pull up.

I can't remember if he ever caught me after that.