Friday, August 8, 2008

The Weigh-In Week 60



216! That's what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of 1.4 pounds!

So far "Operation: Eat It" is a big success. I had another one of those crazy, unpredictable weeks though and I could feel "Operation: Eat It" slipping off the tracks a little, so I am going to work extra hard next week to kept on top of things.

The other big news this week is 10K training. I officially started my 10k training on Tues. and I am realizing this is going to be a great challenge. I think the 10K itself will come a lot easier than I thought. Don't get me wrong a lot easier than I thought is still a lot of hard work... but it is not impossible work, which is what my initial impression was.

There are parts of the training though that look like they are going to be killers. Some of the speed work has me a little nervous and the long runs actually stretch out to 9-miles towards the end of the training! That is a lot farther than I ever expected to run in my life.

You can see the whole training schedule here.

I had a great training day yesterday. I ran 4 miles in 37 minutes! As part of that run I ran 3.16 miles in 27:15. A pace right around 8:30/Mile. That is the fastest I have done a 5K in a long time.

Which hopefully bodes well for my 5K race on Sunday. My best official time in a race so far is 26:55. I am secretly hoping to beat that time this weekend. I haven't been training for speed or distance these last few months so beating my time is a long shot, but yesterdays run gives me hope.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Tony
08/7 216 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
8 lbs. to go

2 comments: