Friday, August 1, 2008

The Weigh-In Week 59



217.4! That is what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of 1.4 pounds.

A perfect loss for a pre-race week. I'll need plenty of energy on Sunday so I would not have wanted to starve myself for a huge loss this week. I guess that goes for any week really.

So far I am pleased with how "Operation Eat It" is going, although I may need to program in a few opportunities for non-fruit/veggie snacks during the week.

Speaking of snacks. One of my co-workers introduced me to Veggie Chips yesterday and I may be in love...with the chips not the co-worker.

As you all know I am not a veggie guy. But Veggie Chips, that is a whole 'nother story. I even ate a green bean chip and green beans make me gag. The green bean chip wasn't my favorite but I didn't hurl so that's a good sign.

Looking at the ingredients they seem to be on par with my all natural Cheeto's or some of the Frito Lay baked chips. Not as good as real veggies, but better then a bag of full fat greasy potato chips.

I'm going to try and pick up some veggie chips for our trip to Duluth.

I am pretty nervous about my Triathlon on Sunday. I don't feel as ready as I did the week before my first race. I'm afraid that the fire to do great isn't burning as strong since I've done it once. I think some of that is a fear that I won't be able to do as well no matter how hard I try. I have to get in the right frame of mind!

I am sure the race day atmosphere will help amp me up!

Our winner this week is Nana Heather. Nicely done Heather!

Have a great weekend everybody! Wish me luck!
Tony
08/1 217.4 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
9.4 lbs. to go