Friday, May 23, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 29

Happy Friday, GHMIW fans!

Long time no blog, huh?

Here’s the update. Every spring, the non-profit community theater I manage holds its annual fundraising event. It’s a pretty big deal in my world and it’s a lot of work. I’ll spare you all the details, but I usually put in approximately 70 to 80 hours of work that week. There are a lot of volunteers around, which means there is a lot of food around. And, working that many hours doesn’t leave a lot of time or energy for going to the gym.

I’ve spent the last two weeks trying to recover from “Cabaret Week.” That includes lots of work (and homework) trying to get caught up with all the things that were shoved aside so that I could focus all my attention on the fundraiser. I’ve had late nights finalizing our next annual budget, a full day’s worth of fundraising seminars, and a board meeting. Work has been kicking my backside and I don’t see it letting up anytime soon as we prepare for a new artistic season and a new fiscal year.

In addition, Tony has started softball again which is great for him…terrible for me. Tony has been playing in the same Monday night softball league since before I met him 13 years ago...on the same team…with the same group of family and friends. It is a summer tradition for him and I think it’s wonderful and I would never think of asking him to give it up. But, Monday was my yoga night...something I looked forward to every week. With two little girls and a busy Daddy, it’s suddenly much more difficult for me to get to class.

You don’t even want to know how behind the house cleaning has gotten. And, it’s now cabin season, which means even less time at home to get things taken care of.

Honestly, I feel like every bit of structure I have spent the last year constructing piece by piece has all been destroyed in a couple of weeks and now I am left with the task of clearing the rubble and starting all over again. Sigh.

Now that I have that off my chest, what’s my point?

I’m exhausted. Period. I am going to be looking for some renewal and rejuvenation over the next week or so. Getting things back on track. Not just my eating and not just my workouts. I will also be putting my life back together and trying to get things back in balance.
And, it is going to be really hard work.

‘Til next week (promise!)





My update:
5/02/08: 183.4
5/09/08: 185.8
5/16/08: 188.4
5/23/08: 186.8 (a loss of 1.6 pounds this week)

Total loss of 41.6 pounds, 3.6 pounds over all-time low of 183.2, 4.8 pounds from next mini-goal of 182.0

1 comment:

Laura N said...

Holy cow, woman! That's a lot on your plate. And it's not easing up, so you are going to have to do the best you can. I always say, more than anything else it takes energy to lose weight. If all your mental and physical energies are going toward other parts of your life, and there's nothing left for weight loss efforts, then that's just the way it is. And you do the best you can. You may have to be in a season of maintenance for a while, and if you can manage that, then I'd say you were a smashing success. Until things settle into the structure you need, don't be too hard on yourself.

Hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend!