Wednesday, May 21, 2008

So Far, So Good

I thought this was going to be a difficult week. My work schedule is making it nearly impossible for me to get workouts in this week. Which is always a dangerous situation. Luckily my work schedule is also making it difficult for me to stress eat. So that's good. My calories have been under control all week. In fact my calories are at a great place for me for not working out... they are a little under normal. And the scale seems to be holding pretty steady. All in all a good place to be considering what a disaster a busy stressful week could have been. And I know that week is not over, but I am still feeling pretty confidant.

Yesterday's Food Journal can be found here.

Quick softball update. We are 2 and 0 for the season. Another nail bitter on Monday night but we pulled it out in the last inning. So far no sign of last years batting slump. I have had a hit or walked every time I've been up to the plate.After I made a couple of crazy catches in the outfield on Monday one of my teammates trotted over and said, "No way the old Tony could have caught those." He was so right.

Now for something completely different.

I am kind of obsessed with Hungry Girl now. My love wife and I tried her Thick & Creamy Banana Caramel Smoothie the other night and it was amazing. We also shared them at the cabin this weekend and they got universal approval.

With any of these diet substitution foods I have learned to expect the worse but with these I was more than plenty surprised. The smoothies were delicious and filling.

So I have been surfing around her site looking for other good desert substitutions.

And I found a link to Prevention magazines Daily Calorie Calculator. According to them I need 3114 calories a day to maintain my current weight. So to lose a pound a week I should net out at 2600 calories a day...after exercise.

Seems way high to me, but at least it's a bench mark for me to judge by during this week of limited exercise.

Tony
05/21: 216.8 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
8.8 lbs. to go

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I find that most of those calculators end up being a bit high in the calories for me as well.