Friday, March 14, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 23

Happy Friday, GHMIW fans!

First of all, I’d like to congratulate my amazing husband Tony on his big accomplishment this week. I am so happy for you! I would also like to wish him an official "good luck" on his big 5K race this weekend. I know how much this means to you and I am so proud of you! I can’t wait to be there, cheering you on, saying, “That’s my man!”

I promised some progress photos last week in honor of the one-year anniversary of commencing my weight loss journey. Well, and to show off my new haircut, too. In the pictures, I am wearing what used to be my favorite pair of trousers. They are the last piece of clothing I own from “back in the day.”


Now, to my update…

I kind of hate to sully the good name of “Guess How Much I Weigh” with this week’s report, but that’s not going to stop me. Yes, I had a small gain again this week…0.6 pounds. This is the first time since I began this journey over a year ago that I have gained two weeks in a row. Boo.

Just a quick note about reporting…I report whatever weight I happen to see on the scale on Friday morning. I don’t average my weights over the week. If I had weighed in on Wednesday, I would have seen a two-pound loss…184.4. My average would have been 185.6.

I ate very well in the first part of the week, but an early morning meeting, a couple late work-nights, and a trip out with my staff on Wednesday night kind of did me in. Not only did it affect my eating, but it also made it difficult for me to get to the gym.

Yoga on Monday, early morning meeting on Tuesday, two hours (!) at the gym on Wednesday morning, late work-night Wednesday night that included cocktails with co-workers afterwards, sleeping in on Thursday morning, late night meeting last night, and back to the gym this morning. No wonder I’m tired today.

Tony and I are going on vacation with friends in a couple weeks, and I would really like to be at a low when I leave. With Easter next week, that might be a challenge! Tony and I have already planned to discuss a plan this weekend. As someone said in last night’s meeting, “To plan is human, to implement is divine.”

'Til next week,
Laura (a.k.a. Elle Tee Jay)


3/07/08: 186.4 pounds
3/14/08: 187.0 pounds (a gain of 0.6 pounds)
Total loss: 41.4 pounds
Next goal: 182.0 pounds

P.S. In last week’s comments, laura n said: “I can't wait to see your hair! I can completely relate to the thinner face/shorter hair thing.” The comment was in response to the fact that I would not have been comfortable with hair this short a year ago.

For me it was a thinner body/shorter hair thing. I was always afraid of looking like a pin-head…you know, wide body and a small head…sort of like an old-school weeble. Or, more accurately like the shrunken head guy in the movie “Beetlejuice.”

2 comments:

Laura N said...

Laura, your hair looks great and you look fabulous in pink! Sounds like you had a busy week--busy, but good. Life sometimes gets in the way, but that's okay because you are living it and enjoying it. And you're thinner & cuter, too, which helps a lot, doesn't it? =) Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Your new picture looks great.
Love Sandy