Monday, March 10, 2008

Race Week


Cue Rocky Music!!!!

I have to admit I am very excited for the Maple Lake Irish Scamper on Saturday. When I think about it, it seems pretty silly to get all revved up about 30 minutes of my life...but I can't help it. I am excited.

It's not just the race, although I am excited to experience the race and the race day atmosphere, it's what the race represents. This race is the culmination of all my accomplishments so far rolled into one perfect half hour.

It's also a moment to bond with my dad. Don't get me wrong, my Dad and I have had many, many, many bonding moments in our lives...but something about this one feels different.

I know that I don't have anything to prove with this race. I have already proving that I am a changed person...and yet I feel like I have something to prove with this race.

And now I am rambling. Stay tuned for more Race Week developments as they arrive.

Tony
3/10: 216lbs
NEW GOAL: 214
2 pounds to go

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also excited to run with you this weekend. We will have some fun and do the best we can.
I think Phil Mooney is going to run with us also (as well as Evan).
The extended weather forcast looks like a great day for a run, mid 20s.
Dad

Anonymous said...

And I am excited to cheer all of you on from the sidelines, standing in the sunshine, with my camera ready to capture the finish line. And then the parade, with every tractor in the county. It will be a glorias day.
Love Mom

Laura N said...

Tony, hope you have a great race! It's really a fun thing to do to celebrate your accomplishments.