Friday, March 7, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 22

Happy Friday, all!

Yep...I had a gain...a fairly big one. I'm not terribly surprised, however. I was unable to get to the gym even once last week. I indulged in some snacks over the weekend that were very yummy, but not very good for me. Those items plus some hormonal water weight set me up to be pretty unsuccessful this week.

It's okay...I'm already over it.

I went to yoga on Monday, hour of cardio on Tuesday, cardio and weights on Wednesday, and an hour on the treadmill yesterday. I've kept the rest of the week in check pretty well, so if I keep my weekend in check and hit it hard next week I should be looking at a decent loss next week.

As a side note, this Sunday will mark one year since I started my weight loss journey. In that time:
  • I have lost 42 pounds.
  • I started at a size 20 (nearing size 22) and I now wear size 16's (many of which are now too big for me).
  • I no longer have to shop plus-sized clothing racks.
  • I joined a gym.When I first joined the gym in November, I walked on the treadmill at 3.5 mph. I now walk at 3.9 mph with a 2% incline. As someone who has never liked to run (even as a child) I am proud of the fact that I can run for five minutes at 5.2 mph at that same 2% incline.
  • I have started practicing yoga.
  • I feel better about myself and better about the world around me.
  • I am no longer uncomfortable in my own skin.
  • I am much more self-confident.
  • I feel much more in control of my life.
  • I have a much more optimistic attitude.
  • I am, for the first time in about 10 years, taking time for (and care of) myself.

While I saw a gain this week, I am proud of my progress over the last year. I can't wait to see what the next year will bring.

'Til next week,
Laura (a.k.a. Elle Tee Jay)

3/09/07: 228.4 pounds
2/29/08: 184.2 pounds
3/07/08: 186.4 pounds (a gain of 2.2 pounds)

Total loss: 42.0 pounds
Next goal: 182.0 pounds

P.S. I had two and a half inches of hair cut off last night after having the same hairstyle for about 5 years. I would never have been comfortable with hair this short before losing weight. I feel like a new woman! I hope to be able to post some progress (and hair cut) pictures next week.

2 comments:

Laura N said...

Laura, I love your list. That is such a smart thing to do--ponder your successes in the midst of a gain. Because, really, it will come off next week and hormonal water weight gain is likely the biggest culprit for the increase. Look at how much you've accomplished in the past year. I can't wait to see your hair! I can completely related to the thinner face/shorter hair thing.

Tony, great job on your 3 pound loss! That's awesome. Way to stick to it.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you how great your hair looked last night!
Love Sandy