Friday, March 14, 2008

The Weigh-In: Week 40



GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

213.6!!!!!!! That's what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of 2.4!!

It's a whole new me. A new hair cut, a clean shave and a new weight class!!!!

So now we can celebrate. I am officially no longer obese!!!

A quick recap. According to the charts a Body Mass Index of 30 or greater is considered obese. Now that I am under 214 my BMI has dropped to 29.8. Which means, I am now moderately overweight and no longer obese!

So why shave the beard?








I have not been clean shaven in 5 years. And I only did it then for a roll I was playing. I have had a beard pretty stead since I graduated college 12 years ago. I have not seen what my face looks like naked and thin in more than a decade. I wanted to see it again.

When I was heavy and clean shaven I always looked like a fat 12-year old. It was not a good look. Now it's not so bad.

Beyond that the shave is a symbolic gesture. A clean start with this new life.

With so many things coming together, the race, the BMI, the 214 goal, this weekend is starting to feel like the culmination of this journey. Maybe not the end of the journey, but the end of the first chapter. Or maybe the end of the first book in a trilogy. I'll talk more about it on Monday along with my plans for my new goals.

This weeks winner is Butters via Uncle Al! Nice job Butters. I'll send you a Maple Lake Irish Days souvenir next week.

Next time you see me I will be an official 5K finisher! You'll get the full race rundown on Monday...unless I can find Internet access somewhere this weekend.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Tony
03/14: 213.6lbs
Goal: 214 lbs. ACCOMPLISHED
NEW GOAL: 208
4.4 lbs. to go

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loooooking Great!!!!
Dad

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Hon. I'm looking forward to watching you run this weekend. Think what the weight loss with do for your wakeboarding ability.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

You misread by one line in Alan's guessing, and Ali actually was the winner.

Anonymous said...

Well done! It's a big step and now you can celebrate being overweight rather than obese!

Laura N said...

Congrats! Have a great race this weekend. You'll have such a good time.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Tony! After racing to your goal in only 40 weeks, a 5K will be a piece of cake ;-) Or better yet, the icing on the cake!
Great job.
Nana Heather

Anonymous said...

SO proud of you Tony!!! What a wonderful accomplishment, good luck this weekend, I know you will have a fabulous race.

cousin angie