Friday, January 11, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 15

Wow! Does it feel good to be past the holidays, or what? Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed every minute of the food, family, and friends, and having vacation time to spend with our little girls was wonderful. But, I love getting back to routine…back to a little structure, you know?

Admittedly, the re-entry into post-holiday life has been a little difficult, but it certainly feels great to be back to (and below) my pre-holiday low.


I hit a big milestone this week, finally clearing the 40-pound mark. Hurray! I attribute it to really watching my food intake, drinking LOTS of water, and hitting the treadmill and stair master.

I also went to a yoga class this week, which I really loved. I have to thank our neighbor (and friend) Ali for encouraging me to go. It’s difficult for me to skip out on bedtime to go to the gym, but I think this will really be worth it. Yoga seems to be a perfect fit for a high-strung girl like me.

Have a fantastic week, everyone!
Elle Tee Jay (a.k.a. Laura)

My update:
1/04/2008: 191.6
1/11/2008: 187.8 (a loss of 3.8 pounds)
Total loss: 40.6 pounds
Next goal: 182.0 pounds

4 comments:

Tony said...

Yippie Skippy baby! 40 pounds. That is huge. And you are not huge. Works great both ways.

Way to go!

ElleTeeJay said...

Thanks, baby! Here's to leaving "the 190's" behind...instead of leaving them on my behind!

Sorry...bad joke...I couldn't resist!

Anonymous said...

Good joke
Laura way to go. Great to get back at it.
Bob

LustingWanderluster said...

I've left a congratulatory comment on your husband's post and now I want to congratulate you, too, Laura. I know it's not easy. Keep up the good work!