Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Thrill Of Victory, The Agony Of De Feet

I did it!!!!

I completed a 3.2 mile run outside in 32 minutes. That's without a treadmill or anything. Like actually running on the sidewalk and sometimes on the snow and sometimes on the ice and for a short few feet in the mud.

It felt great! Well it feels great now. At the time my legs were killing me. Which is surprising, considering it should have been my little toe on my left foot that was killing me.

Why my little toe on my left foot?

Because I think I broke the little toe on my left foot yesterday morning before I went out for my run. Strangely enough, it didn't hurt running. In fact it still doesn't hurt. It is however swollen and black and blue. I have it taped to" the little piggy that had none" right now.

According to Web MD and my lovely wife there isn't much I can do about a broken toe besides tapping it up. Hopefully this won't derail my workouts for the week.

Tony
1/8: 220.4lbs
NEW GOAL: 214
6.4 pounds to go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Dad can keep up with you on St. Patrick's Day. He will try running tomorrow. Congratulations on your good time. How did you break your toe?
Love Mom

Tony said...

I stubbed it on my poker chip case... which I had neglected to put away for the last 2 weeks.

NotAppealing said...

There is one thing a doctor could do...

Prescribe painkillers. *grin*

Tony said...

Fortunately it doesn't really hurt.

Err...I Mean... I'm a man. I can play through the pain.

Grrrrrr!

Anonymous said...

OK - we need to get the count up to 10 to start collecting on the prizes. My quess for this week is 216 and Kole guesses 215.