Friday, January 11, 2008

The Weigh-In Week 31



219! That's what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of 1.4 pounds.

A good loss for the week despite my indiscretions.

My lovely wife and I have a weekend of fun activities planed, including our first "adult" night out in along time. So this weekend will be included as part of my transition week.

I am hoping to hit the gym good and hard next week with a healed toe and renewed determination. That 5K is just a little over 2 months away and a vacation requiring swim suits is not far beyond that. This is no time for slacking.

Speaking of slacking I found this during some spring cleaning this week.
It's an ad I did in 2000 for Excel Energy. It was my first national print ad. Honestly I think it was my only national print ad. I am a much better voice talent than I am a model. If you can't tell, that's me in the back.

When I first started acting professionally 10 years ago my agents told me I needed to either gain 50 pounds to get work as a character actor or lose 50 pounds to get work as a leading man. In the past 10 years I have managed to do both, yet neither seemed to help my acting career.

After weeks of not having to worry about coming up with a prize we finally have a big winner!!!!
Nato nailed the pound on the head...or should that be pounded the nail on the head? Either way he hit it right on the number with a guess of 1.4. Since it's been so long since I have had to give out a prize, I am feeling a little rusty with the whole clever gift thing. So, I shall fall back on an old favorite. Nate wins a package of Flat Out. If we can ever find some free time to get together, I'll even get my lovely wife to turn your flat out into a Flat Out pizza for ya.

Keep the votes coming in. It's good to know people are still watching and keeping me honest....although in the future, dog votes will not count. You know who you are you sneaky Texas dog. And I refuse to except the argument, "Dogs are people too." Because they are not!

Have a great weekend everybody.

Tony
1/11: 219lbs
NEW GOAL: 214
5 pounds to go.

5 comments:

ElleTeeJay said...

Nice work, baby!

Hey, I almost won this week. But, I suppose I win every week, don't I?

Anonymous said...

Woof Woof - I'm being treated like a dog by a skinny human. From the looks of your latest picture, you need a new belt. Can I have the old one to chew on?

Anonymous said...

Great start to the new year, keep it up.
Dad

LustingWanderluster said...

Hi Tony. Your blog popped up in my Google alert for my last name, Ethier. You misspelled the word 'either' and your blog was sent my way. I just want to congratulate you on your weight loss. It is not easy. I have been trying to lose weight for a while now and because of my age, 48, my body does not want to co-operate. I don't have as much to lose as you did, only about 15 to 18 pounds but it has been very difficult. I have lost nothing in 3 months even though I workout at least 3 times a week (mostly 4 times) for 1 1/2 hours of cardio! My goal each time is calories; I shoot to burn 700 calories each workout session. So now I am REALLY concentrating on what I eat and it is hell. So, congrats to you!
By the way, I also blog. If you're interested you can find it at: http://lustingwanderluster.blogspot.com/
Keep up the good work!

Tony said...

Welcome Karen,

I had every intention of fixing that spelling error but work got in the way. Now I'm glad I left it be.

The less you have to lose the harder it is, I am starting to realize that. Take heart in the fact that all that cardio is still extending your life even if it isn't shrinking your dress size.