Friday, December 14, 2007

The Wife Weighs In...Week 12

Good morning, GHMIW fans!

This week has been a good week. I feel like it's been the beginning of the next phase of my healthy living journey. I've really grown to love my time at the gym in the morning. Granted, I haven't gotten my strength training program off the ground, but the treadmill and I are becoming best friends.
I've spent over four hours on the treadmill over the last seven days and approximately 45 minutes of that time was spent running. That's right, I have been RUNNING! It's been no more than 10 minutes at a time but, trust me, bragging about running is not something I ever thought I would do.

Tony and I took the day off from work yesterday to get some Christmas shopping done. While out, we went to Banana Republic, a store in which I would normally never set foot. Here's why...

When a woman who wears a size 20 steps into a store like that, the sales associates take one look at her, assess her size, and conclude that she doesn't belong there and is not worth their time. Those of you who have never been plus-sized may think I am making it up or imagining things, but I have seen it happen time and again.

So, back to Banana Republic. Tony was looking at sweaters and a male associate was pointing out all the "promo items" in the men's section (apparently, Banana Republic does not have "sales," only "promos"). After he finished giving Tony his spiel, he looked at me and said, "And I can give you the run-down on the promos in the women's section if you venture over there."

This associate had looked at me, assessed my size, and concluded that I belonged there! I have to be honest, after he walked away and Tony went to the fitting room, I actually almost teared up.

On to my update...when I stepped on the scale yesterday morning, I was set up to have a sizable loss today. But, I went caroling last night with my music group (for those of you who don't know, I sing at our church's contemporary Mass every Sunday night) and we all went out for a little socializing afterwards. The caroling itself wasn't a problem, but the beer and the salty popcorn and the appetizers at 8:00 p.m. was a problem. So, I had a slight gain...but it's okay. It was worth it.

Have a great weekend!
Laura

My update:
12/07/2007: 191.6 pounds
12/14/2007: 192.4 pounds (a gain of 0.8 pounds)
Total loss: 36.0 pounds
New mini-goal: 182 pounds by February 1
7 weeks and 10.4 pounds to go
(YIKES! Challenging, but not insurmountable...I'll reassess next week)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
We did have fun last night, and next week the loss will show.
Love Sandy/Mom