Friday, December 14, 2007

The Weigh-In Week 27




What is up with that cheesy smile?

217.2! That's what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of 1.2 pounds!!!

214 here I come.

Here is my feel good story from yesterday.

My lovely wife and I took the day off to try and get all of our Christmas shopping done in one day. A task we almost succeed at.

We took a few minutes out of power shopping for others to do a little power shopping for ourselves at Banana Republic. Banana Republic is a store I have been in maybe once in my life . That trip lasted all of 3 minutes. I left once I realized the only thing in the place that would fit me was a $90 cashmere scarf.

This trip was a different story. I browsed around for a few minutes before a sales person approached. Being unaccustomed to the ways and fits of the "Republic", I asked the salesman about their sizing. I believe my exact words were, "Are your sweaters slim fitting?"

The salesman took a moment to size me up and then uttered these magic words.

"You look like you'd wear a large."

not. "Ha, Why would you want to know?"
-or- "They're too slim for you!"
-or- "You wouldn't even fit in to our Double XL"

Simply, "You look like a large."

And it was casual and nonchalant, not incredulous or surprised.

I was so overwhelmed at the world of choice now open to me that I left the store without purchasing anything. I am having to readjust my whole fashion world view. This is going to take sometime. But fear not Banana Republic I will return... and soon, there is this slim fitting red zip up sweater that I have my eye on. Size large please.

This weeks winner is Teresa. Teresa nailed it with the first guess of the day. Nicely done Teresa. Only 9 votes this week. Nearly their for a prize ...but not nearly enough.

How about this for this weeks prize, you all win my thanks and gratitude for helping me get through a big week. Pretty good prize, huh?

Have a great weekend everybody.

Tony
12/14: 217.2lbs
Goal: 220 lbs. ACCOMPLISHED
NEW GOAL: 214
3.2 lbs. to go

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go. keep on trucking!!!
dad

ElleTeeJay said...

Nice work, sweetie! You look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Tony. And the camera doesn't add any weight to your belly! You look great in person, and on film ;-)
Nana Heather

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Hon. I am very proud of you.
Love Mom