Monday, December 10, 2007

Cookie In Hand

This weekend I narrated a Christmas concert at my church. Afterward, there was a very nice candlight reception with punch and fancy Christmas cookies. There were a lot of people there that I hadn't seen in a while , so a lot of folks were shocked at the new, slimmer me.

It felt good to have a night of compliments and gushing after reaching my first goal. It kind of brought everything full circle.

Except... every single time someone came up to compliment me on the weight loss, I had just taken a bite of Christmas cookie.

Which lead to this exchange.

Complimenter: "Wow you look great. How did you do it.?"

Me: (With mouth full of cookie) "Watched what I ate and exercised."

I can't imagine the answer was to convincing as cookie crumbs flew from my mouth.

Sadly I kind of over did it on the cookies that night. But I redeemed myself with just two small cookies after Sundays performance.

I guess that's not really redeeming myself is it? I probably should have skipped the cookies all together. Just more proof that reaching the goal is only half the battle.

Tony
12/10: 218.4lbs
Goal: 220 lbs. ACCOMPLISHED
NEW GOAL: 214
4.4 lbs. to go

No comments: