Friday, December 7, 2007

The Wife Weighs In...Week 11

Good morning, GHWIW fans!

First of all, a huge WAY TO GO(!) to my loving (and very handsome) husband, who reached his big goal this week. I am so proud of you, sweetie! Your determination has been a true inspiration to me and a lot of other people. While I think you look fantastic, I am most excited by the change in how you feel about yourself. I think you are amazing, and I love you so very much. MWAH! (That's a big kiss, by the way.)

My update is nowhere near as exciting. I had a small loss this week, but I am perfectly okay with it. I'm starting to get a little lazy...not logging everything I'm eating and allowing myself to make some really bad choices. Not good.

When I first got really serious about losing weight, I was ever-vigilant. I counted every point of every bite of food. Now? Meh...not so much. So, starting this week, I plan to crack down and raise the "alert level" a little.

Thanks to the U.S. Department of Health Plan Security, there is an easy to understand Advisory System to follow, shown here. Over the past couple of weeks, I have been operating under a threat level of BLUE.

The fact that there has been credible information warning of an imminent and specific threat to my health plan (namely the entire holiday season), paired with heightened food-related activity among friends and family and the upward trend of high-caloric propaganda in the media, the department's strategic threat perspective is that we are in a period of increased risk. Due to these factors I feel it is my duty to raise the health plan threat level to RED.

All GHMIW fans should continue to be vigilant, take increased notice of their surroundings, and report suspicious foods or activities to local authorities immediately.

Stay on the alert, and have a fantastic weekend!
Laura

My update:
11/30/2007: 192.2 pounds
12/07/2007: 191.6 pounds (a loss of 0.6 pounds)
Total loss: 36.8 pounds
New mini-goal: 182 pounds by February 1
8 weeks and 9.6 pounds to go (YIKES! That's 1.2 pounds a week!)

No comments: