Monday, December 17, 2007

Shopping = Exercise

This is the first weekend in a long time where I weigh the same on Monday morning as I did on the previous Friday morning. Normal I gain a pound or so over the weekend.

I mentioned this before but weekends always turn into free for alls. The lack of structure gets me every time. Not that I eat horrible. I just don't watch what I eat closely. This weekend was no exception. I had lunch out on Saturday and Sunday. Enjoyed a few snacks. Had a candy bar. Nothing off the rails. No binges, just a little more than my weekday calories.

I assumed that I would bounce up to 218 or 219 on the scale this morning, just like every other Monday morning. I was pleasantly surprised to see 217.4 instead.

My only conclusion? Christmas shopping is good exercise.

On second thought chasing 2, almost two-year olds through store after store trying to keeping them from tearing everything off the shelf is where the exercise really comes in.

Tony
12/17: 217.2lbs
Goal: 220 lbs. ACCOMPLISHED
NEW GOAL: 214
3.2 lbs. to go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But Tony my grandkids are angels. They would not be wild in a shopping mall.
Papa