Friday, November 9, 2007

The Wife Weighs In...Week 8

Good morning, weight loss fans!

I had a surprisingly good week this week. You know, one of those weeks where you don't think you did all that well but are pleasantly surprised when you step on the scale?

Despite a good loss, I felt as though I was dangerously close to veering way off-path. I didn't have a binge or anything like that, but I felt that familiar exhaustion creeping up on me...that feeling of just being overwhelmed. I was overhelmed by a couple of big projects at work, by my outside commitments, and by the things I know I need to do at home. My greatest desire this week was to take solace in foods I know I shouldn't be eating, foods I haven't eaten in months...cookies, chips, french fries...anything sweet, salty, greasy, or full of fat would have done the trick.

This was not a desire for a quick splurge, which is something I can handle. This was something much bigger and much deeper. Fortunately, I was able to rein things in, but it was a very scary feeling. It was a huge reminder that in order for me to reach my goal and keep the weight off, I am going to have to ever-vigilant. For me, heading off-track can happen in the blink of an eye.

On a positive note, I am pleased that I was able to identify that feeling and keep myself from taking the first step down the slippery slope. I had an 8th straight week of loss, and shaved another point off my BMI...down to 31.

As an additional success, I actually visited the local gym and got the tour. I plan to call later today to schedule a time to register. This is a HUGE step! So, by next week, I should be a woman with a gym membership and at least a few workouts under my belt. Wish me luck!

Have a fantastic weekend!
Laura

11/02/2007: 194.6 pounds
11/09/2007: 192.4 pounds (a loss of 2.2 pounds)
Total loss: 36 pounds
Next mini-goal: 185 pounds by December 21
6 weeks and 7.4 pounds to go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to keep the streak going.
Great job fighting off the cravings.
Bob

Tony said...

We have the same BMI =) Isn't that cute!

Way to go sweetie. I am super duper proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Which gym?? Could we be gym buddies?
~Teresa

Anonymous said...

This is really inspirational. I know that dark, dangerous place and lived at a similar starting weight as you for a long time there as well. This is a great post and a really important one. You've put into words something I struggle with as well. Congrats on sticking with it---that is really impressive. I usually blow it.

Anonymous said...

Laura, I am so proud of you. Those cravings are hard, I fight them also. Don't let the know it all trainer get you off track. Take what he has to offer as an exercise program and adapt it to your own needs.
You look wonderful.
Love Sandy