Friday, November 30, 2007

The Wife Weighs In...Week 10

Good morning, GHMIW fans!

There are certain food items around which I am simply not to be trusted.

I've always known that pizza and cheese bread are red flag foods. Put a good pizza in front of me and I will continue eating until not a crumb is left. You know how you can give a cat a bowl of food and it will eat what it needs but leave the rest for later, but a dog (given free access to food) will eat and eat and eat until it explodes? That's me and a good pizza.

Well, I discovered a new "danger item" this week.

One of the guys around work (one who is very proud of his Scottish heritage) makes traditional homemade shortbread cookies every year. He gave me half a dozen on Monday and, oh my Lord, are they fantastic. I had one on Monday and intended to take the rest home. But, I kept forgetting them in my office. I think I have two left. They just keep calling me back.

Yes, I should have brought them home! Yes, I should have gotten rid of them! But, I just couldn't. I love them and, I think, they might just love me back...just a little. They could never take the place of my adorable and loving husband (for an example...let's be honest...Tony is a much better cuddler), but the shortbread cookies and I have shared an amazing experience this week...one that I know needs to come to an end before it gets out of control. So, to that end, I am confessing my sins to you, GHMIW fans, in the hope of absolution.

Whew...I feel so much better.

Thanksgiving weekend in Iowa was fantastic...chaotic, but fantastic. We enjoyed a lot of good food and a great time with family. I enjoyed everything I wanted to, but tried to keep it in moderation. I even got a 3-mile walk in with my brother on Thanksgiving morning. I hit the gym first thing on Monday morning and was able to get another two visits in this week. Hurray!

The gym thing has been going relatively well. I haven't been doing a lot of strength training yet (I know...I need to get on it) but have been spending an hour a day on the treadmill. I have been amazed at how quickly I have been able to increase my speed! I hope to get the rest of it going next week, so that I can tone up while my weight continues to go down.

I feel as though I am getting back on track...just need to start journaling what I'm eating again. I've noticed that the new, size-16 pants I purchased in September are starting to feel a little loose. That feels good.

Have fantastic weekend!
Laura

My update:
11/16/2007: 193.8 pounds
11/30/2007: 192.2 pounds (a loss of 1.6 pounds)
Total loss: 36.2 pounds
New mini-goal: 182 pounds by February 1
9 weeks and 10.2 pounds to go!

P.S. Thanks to everyone who was so supportive in my fight against the evil personal trainer. It really helped to convince me that I wasn't crazy and he was out of line.

P.P.S. I really think it's time for a new profile picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job this week on the loss. I can tell that even the new outfits you got a looking big. Keep up the good work and stay focused over the holidays. Working out helps!