Wednesday, November 28, 2007

BRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

This could be completely psychosomatic, but I am cold all the time now. A few people have said it's because of the weight loss. Less fat to insulate my body. That sounds a little goofy to me. I'm not a biologist but I always thought it's the skin that feels hot and cold. If the fat is under the skin how does it insulate.

On the other hand I am cold, cold, cold!!! Chilled to the bone as they say. And since the bone is under the fat maybe there is some truth to this missing insulation thing.

When I was going to school in Duluth I used to wander around our drafty apartment in shorts and a t-shirt in the middle of the twenty-below winters. It drove my roommate nuts. Last night I got home and even with the thermostat set at 71, I still had to put a sweater on.

If skinny does equal cold it's a small price to pay for living healthy I guess. I'll just have to add a few sweaters to my Christmas list.

On two completly unrelated notes:

I completed my first 2 mile run yesterday. I set the treadmill a little slower and and ran as far as I could. Around 1.5 miles I decide I could push it to 2! That is a huge, huge step for me!

I am quickly working away at my "Thanksgiving 5". There's even a slight chance that I might get a loss this week. It's a small chance, but a chance none the less. Keep your collective fingers crossed.

Tony
11/28: 221 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
1 lbs. to go

1 comment:

ElleTeeJay said...

Just think about the calories your're burning by shivering!