Monday, November 26, 2007

Just for Fun

I noticed a lot of overly simplified, "Here's How Much Your Thanksgiving Gorging Will Cost You" talk in the media over the last few days and I thought I would jump on the band wagon!

To gain that 5 pounds in 5 days I had to consume an extra 17,500 calories. That is above and beyond the normal 13,000 calories I would have consumed in that same time period. For a five day grand total of 30,500 calories! Whoaaaa!

By my rough calculations that is the equivalent of eating five 9-pound turkeys in 5 days!

On the flip side, I burn around 650 calories for every 45 minutes I spend on the Treadmill. It would take me 20 hours on the treadmill to work off those excess 17,500 calories.

Makes my legs sore just thinking about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did so much better than me. I did fine on thanksgiving and not even to bad the day after when we were gobbling down the deer meat from the big buck my cousin shot. Saterday when my daughter had her birthday party and her dad bought her chocolate cake with chocolate icing and pizza and I blew it. Sunday was a movie day since it was cold and rainy and we all munched on left over pizza and chocolate cake and potato chips and dip. its time to get back on the wagon this week.

ElleTeeJay said...

I couldn't believe how busy the gym was this morning. Usually, 75% of the treadmills are open. This morning, I got the last one. I guess everyone is getting back on the wagon this week!