Friday, October 5, 2007

What a week...

This was a rough week for me. After a couple weeks during which I felt like I had boundless energy, I just never felt like I could get on track. I couldn't be bothered to track what I was eating or plan my meals. There wasn't one day in which I remembered to bring a lunch. In addition, I just couldn't find the motivation to move my body. Ugh.

On a positive note...please cue the "Hallelujah Chorus"...I lost enough at my weigh-in to put me under 200 pounds for the first time in about 7 years! Hurray!

As a negative, I think the 0.8 pound difference was all in my outfit...that's right, no jeans today. I will take it as a loss (I know..."marathon, not a sprint"), but it doesn't have the same feeling of victory it would have had otherwise.

You know, I had an epiphany yesterday. I tend to lose focus every time I have a ridiculously small amount of weight to lose in order to reach a milestone. I've begun to believe that my subconscious mind and my body are in cahoots, and my subconscious is the ring leader.

SUBCONSCIOUS: Psst...Body...you there?

BODY: Hey, hey! What's the skinny?

SUBCONSCIOUS: Not so loud! She might hear us!

BODY: Sorry. What's up?

SUBCONSCIOUS: I've been thinking...it's only two-tenths of a pound...we could totally slack off this week and it probably wouldn't even make a difference.

BODY: Oh, thank God. I've been keeping my mouth shut, just waiting for someone else to say something. Who does she think she is, anyway?

SUBCONSCIOUS: I know! Plus, that hip-hop dance video made you look like an idiot.

BODY: Real nice...thanks.

SUBCONSCIOUS: Just calling 'em like I see 'em, B...just calling 'em like I see 'em.

They are mounting an insurrection and I need to gently remind them who is really in charge. I have another milestone within reach this week, so I am going to have to really work to combat those slacker urges. Wish me luck as I go back into battle!


Have a fantastic weekend!
Laura


09/28/2007: 200.2 pounds
10/05/2007: 199.4 pounds (a loss of 0.8 this week)
Total loss: 29.0 pounds
Mini-goal #1: 199.9 by 10/15/2007; ACHIEVED!
Mini-goal #2: 30 pounds lost by 10/15/2007; 1.0 pounds to go

3 comments:

Em said...

Awesome! WAY TO GO!! Same for you, Tony.

I have to be honest and say I am discouraged this week. And I am the same way as you Laura, except it happens when I have a big loss. I think "oh, I lost, time to slack!"

Keep up the good work you two.

Anonymous said...

Great job this week. You look great and you can't beat yourself up each week. Life is what it is and some weeks are just better than others.

Laura N said...

Woohoo! Onederland! Everybody has off weeks... the important thing is you have realized it and are getting back to the good stuff. You can do it!