Monday, October 8, 2007

The Continuing Saga Of My Pants


My lovely wife and I finally made it back to Steve and Barry's to return the "Saggy Bottom" pants. After finding the one pair of jeans in the entire store that fit my body type, i.e. Jeans for people with no butt, it was determined that part of my problem came from wearing jeans that are too big.

My wife convinced me to try on a pair of 36 jeans. I was skeptical, but she was right. The 36's fit great. I should know better than to doubt my wife when it comes to clothing. She also convinced me that the pants I normally wear are too short. Turns out when you have no butt your pants tend to fall down around your hips a lot, which lead me years ago to start buying shorter pants. Now that I have pants that actually fit, I have moved from a 30 length to a 32.

It was a weekend full of change! The exciting thing is I have now officially dropped 5 pant sizes, from a 44 to a 36! That had me feeling pretty good....good enough that I allowed myself a butterscotch malt at the 50's Grill after our shopping outing. But we'll talk about that tomorrow.

Tony
10/8: 228.6 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
8.6 lbs. to go

p.s. In searching for a picture of a pile of pants, I discovered a new slang term!

ACCORDING TO THE BBC:
Pile Of Pants:
noun, slang, official term of rejection.

Relatively new non-swearing slang term, meaning a load of rubbish or, indeed, knickers. Pants in this sense (NB not trousers as in the US; in the UK pants means underwear) only became slang in the 1990s (according to slang lexicographer Jonathon Green). Became official term of rejection even more recently. Popular with students and DJs.

Use it and pretend you are super hip!

2 comments:

ElleTeeJay said...

And...your new pants are not "pants" at all. They look great!

Laura N said...

Smaller clothes sizes are the best. Too funny about "pile of pants" slang. Have a great week!