Friday, August 24, 2007

Weigh-In Week 11

OK so obviously I don't get this whole thing!



239.8! That's what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of 2.6 lbs. And the streak continues!

That makes 11 straight weeks of loss. Over the past 2 months my average weekly loss has been 3.24 lb.

I have to say I am shocked. My lovely wife and I had a quick chat about it this morning and she made some really good points. She pointed out that if I were doing Weight Watchers, my extra "Duluth" calories would most likely be within my allowable flex points for the week.

She also said I need to be careful not to become overly obsessed about food or I run the risk of developing a habit that could be as unhealthy as my overeating.

Maybe seeing that a few extra calories hasn't destroyed my efforts will help me to loosen up.

The more I thought about it this morning, I started to realize that part of my manic behavior this week may stem from the fact that I am approaching the three month mark. That being the mark where I have abanded every other effort I have made to start a healthy lifestyle. My lovely wife assured me that neither she or the rest of you will let that happen.

And now the moment you've all been waiting for...the big winner.

This weeks winner is Nana Heather with a guess of 2.2 lbs. For being so optimistic in the face of my own doubt, Heather wins a loaf of Low Cal, Low Fat Banana bread.

Thanks to all of you for being so optimistic this week and for all your comments and encourgment. As always I don't know that I could do this without you.

I have fallen behind on prize distribution.

Nate, you will hopefully get your Flat Bread this weekend. I just have to figure out where it is sold.

Em, Your prize will be sent out today or tomorrow.

Heather, Your bread will be ready for pick-up no later than Tues.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Tony
8/24: 239.8 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
19.8 lbs. to go

4 comments:

Em said...

Woo hoo!!

The other thing to consider, is that when you 'feed' your system, you are actually creating the inferno and your metabolism ramps up. Often after I eat a large meal, I see a more significant loss on the scale. Just not to much of a large meal!!

I do agree with Laura, that you can't obsess so much. This will be a life long journey and you still want to enjoy yourself!! If you eat a piece of cake, or pizza or whatever, it isn't always the end of the world. You proved that this week!!

Way to go and keep it up. Hey, do you want to send me your food journal? I am curious what you and Laura eat!! I need to start eating better. Finding ideas on what to eat is always a struggle for me.

ElleTeeJay said...

Congratulations, sweetie! I am so proud of you for getting back on the proverbial horse and kicking it into high gear this week and pulling out a fantastic loss. You worked hard and you earned it.

One of the other things that Tony and I talked about this morning (which Nana Heather and I discussed at length) is that women are usually more in tune with those little ups and downs in the scale, just by virtue of the fact that many of us have been vulturing (is that a word?) over a scale since before puberty. Plus, we are accustomed to a monthly weight gain that is completely out of our control…am I right, ladies?

Tony, this is your first real experience with something that most women have been dealing with all our lives (with varying degrees of success).

So, after my gain two weeks ago (a very long story involving a poorly timed bloody mary or two) resulting in an astounding (but somewhat misleading) weight loss last week, and a weekend of vacation-style eating (which has been chronicled in this blog), here is my update:

Lost this week: 3.4 (that is not week to week, but Weight Watchers weigh-in to weigh-in)
Total weight loss: 20.8
1.2 pounds left to reach my initial goal by Labor Day

Tony has promised to help me stay on track in the hope that I can blow that goal away next Friday. I am ready to roll!

Em, I will try to keep a handle on my journaling this week and see what I am eating…that has fallen by the wayside completely over the last month or so. This gives me a good reason to start keeping track again!

Anonymous said...

Yea, Johnsons! I may be getting the banana bread, but you two are the real winners. Keep it up, as I get to see almost everyday, you two are doing great. Heather

Anonymous said...

Tony, Mafu gave me directions to this festival of diminishment. Your first instinct may be one of “YAY! One more person to cheer me on.” And that feeling will last until you realize that your quest has become the new and shining focus of my online obsession. I will be stalking your skinny ass… there will be no peace from my involvement. You’ve been warned. but please don’t heed my warning and keep kicking ass XOXO, Lisa