Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Recipe Wednesday

I am starting to get back on track. I had a good workout yesterday and ate well. But, I am still having some serious cravings and this week is causing me to second guess every food choice I make.

I had gotten to a place where I was past the whole debating with myself before eating, now it’s back to a democratic convention in my head. Should I have that Slim-a-Bear bar? If I do will I feel bad. It’s 100 calories for goodness sake.

For the record I did have the Slim-a-Bear bar last night and it was delicious and I don’t feel the least bit guilty about it.

Here’s what I think is really happening. As much as I have been a big talker about not fearing a weight gain this week, I am starting to realize there may be some false bravado involved. All of the internal struggle stems from the fact that deep down I really want to pull out a loss this week.

This is making the extra cravings even worse. Normally I would satisfy my cravings with a healthy snack alternative, Fruit, Slim-A-Bear bar, Wheat Thins, etc. Now, I debate about the extra calories and delay even the healthy snack. Which makes me hungry and makes it even harder to resist the cravings. Ahh the vicious cycle.

The good news is, now that I have figured this out I can hopefully get over myself and settle back down.

I’m going to do what I can to avoid a gain this week or to keep the gain to a minimum. But, if I do have a gain this week I’ll step off the scale, put on my white t-shirt like a man and use the gain as motivation for next week.

Recipe Wednesday

Low Fat, Low Cal Banana Bread


Ingredients:
1 mashed banana
1 Tablespoon of Melted Butter or Margarine
1 teaspoon of Rum Extract
1 cup of Splenda
Dash of Salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 large egg
2 Tablespoons of Skimmed Milk
3/4 cup of White Flour



1. Preheat oven to 350° and spray two mini-baking pans with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Place the following ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and gently mix by hand until smooth

3. Add Flour

4. Cook about 20 minutes - or until golden brown.

The Whole recipe is only 500 calories!

This recipe comes from Diet Bites. Click on the link to head over there for some recipe alternatives.

Tony
8/22: 242.4 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
22.4 lbs. to go

2 comments:

Em said...

I have been looking for a low fat banana bread! Thanks Tony!

About Phit n Phat. My husband is also doing the routines. They are pretty general, keep the weights to what you can, and she also has an "in-home" version that might work for you. I purchased the gym version of her Big Mo ($24.95). I will let you know how it goes. It's a 7 week program and I am in a wedding in about 10 weeks so I figured this would be good for me. I am in a slump (you know this!) at the gym and needed something else so this seemed like a great way to ramp things up a bit.

Keep up the good eating and the exercise and like I said, you might be surprised this week.

ElleTeeJay said...

Sweetie...don't forget that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Is it your plan to never, ever have another malt or another piece of pizza again? This is part of the road...learning how not to obsess and dealing with the ups and downs.

If you don't have a loss this week, that's okay. Just keep doing your thing and even if you don't have a loss this week, you'll be back on track for next week.