Friday, June 15, 2007

Results Not Typical

Isn't that what they say in the tiny type on all those ads for shady investments , "Results Not Typical". That pretty much describes this mornings weigh-in, in a good way.

Drum Roll Please ............


272.4 lbs. That's what the scale said this morning.

Which means I lost 7.6 pounds this week. A dramatic start for sure , but lets not get ahead of ourselves. I think my body is in shock at the moment. The weekend before I weighed in last Monday was kind of a binge weekend, so I am sure that the dramatic weight loss has a lot to do with putting my body through some significant nutritional changes. Things well most likely right size next week.

I am well aware that this is not typical of what I can expect in the weeks to come. And, while I am excited, I am also reluctant to rejoice too much, for fear of seting myself up for a major let down next week when I only loose 1 or 2 pounds. Honestly the real celebration will come in 3 months when I am still going strong. These first few weeks, while not easy, are kind of the honeymoon period. My will is strong, my head is clear. It's once temptation starts to work it's magic that I need to worry. If I can make it another 3 months, then we will party.

Now for the contest winner!
No one guessed right on the money, but my mom was closest with 4 lbs. Congratulations Mom!

If I can get ten people to guess next week I will offer a prize to the first person to guess the closest. Guessing will open at 12:01am Thurs. morning.

Thanks for hanging out this week.

Tony
6/15: 272

Technorati Profile

3 comments:

ElleTeeJay said...

Hip, hip, hurray! Even though it is a "results not typical" situation, it's still something to celebrate and a great motivator.

After slow and steady losses, I'm up 2.4 pounds after 3 weeks off the wagon. On the positive, there's nothing like having your husband discussing his new healthy lifestyle in a blog to give a girl a kick in the pants. Thanks, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Great news Tony! What a wonderful accomplishment to start this adventure with! Happy Father's Day to you!

Who needs math anyway?? :)

~Teresa

Anonymous said...

Hey Tony,

I am so glad your leg is healing up and that you had renowned reconstructive surgeon take care of that nasty wound. He sounds like quite the medical man.
For the record, I do recall you receiving a bubble wand for being a good little patience that night!

Keep up the great work by loosing weight! You look Awesome!
Sincerely
Dr. D's Youngest Daughter