Friday, May 16, 2008

The Weigh-In Week 48



216.8! That's what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of 3 pounds.

I am extremely happy... but this is not the be all end all of all this calorie counting. I know the real proof will come in 3 weeks. If I am still counting calories and still losing weight in 3 weeks, then I can call this return to basics a success. For now lets just call this a good start...a really good start.

Our winner this week for the second week in a roll is Andrew. Nice job Andrew, you're on a roll. And congrats once again on your amazing 5K race last weekend.

Andrew competed in his 3rd ever 5K last weekend and finished in 25:17... nearly 6 minutes better than his best time to date. An amazing feat...and one I am very jealous of.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Tony
05/16: 216.8 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
8.8 lbs. to go

P.S. Did you notice I am wearing shorts. There is a chance that summer may finally be arriving. Hurray!

It should be a nice weekend here in the Northland. Get out and enjoy it.

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Hah! I'm on a roll indeed.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony. I've only just come across your blog. I am a brand new blogger and busy trawling all the blogs today to find fellow bloggers, and in particular fello weight loss bloggers.

I found your first post back in June 2007 and am very impressed that you have come down from 280 lbs. I am (sadly) currently above that, approx 320 lbs (to be confirmed at official weigh in on Monday which will form part of my next blog).

I realise that the one lonely little blog I have so far posted it is not obvious that it is a weight loss blog, but before I do the official weigh in, I decided that it would be worth blogging about some of the things that happened during my childhood that helped (or hindered) the way I grew up with food and my body image.

There will be more of the childhood / examining the past stuff to come ... but also current weight / new diet rules and weekly weigh ins etc.