Tuesday, May 13, 2008

1 and 0 on The Season

It was a nail bitter on the softball diamond last night but in the end we pulled it out and won by one run.

I don't think losing the weight has made me a better softball player but it sure felt like I was running the bases a lot faster this year then I did last year.

Turns out my fears of over indulging after the game last night were all for nothing. It's easy to lay off the snacks when nobody brings snacks.

Over all yesterdays calories were much better than the weekend.

Monday's Food Journal can be found here.

The Short Story:
Calories Consumed: 1834
Calories Burned: 4218

I just heard an interview with Hungry Girl, a food blogger turned entrepreneur turned diet institution. I have followed her story a little bit, but apparently she is huge now. I mean popular, not weight wise.

Anyway she has a new cookbook out today that I am tempted to buy. In the interview she made it sound like a great cook book with lots of full flavored substitutes for unhealthy dishes and restaurant food. If the recipes truly are great tasting and not just based on tiny portions, this may be a good way to get some of my calories back on track.

If anyone picks up her book this week, let me know. I am curious it if it would be compatible with my meat and potatoes, no veggies, no fish, now way, no how lifestyle.

Tony
05/13: 219.8 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
11.8 lbs. to go

No comments: